Friday, July 14, 2006

What's next?

... a summer flower messenger. It has been my mom's birthday and knowing how much she liked sewing I made her a messenger style bag. Because she would appreciate it more than if I buy her something.
Also I have just dicovered Whipup, and their "bag" contest, so this may be my opportunity to show me in "public" for the first time.

At first sight it looks an easy bag to make but it took me some time to get the lining fitting perfectly inside the bag (perfectionism is one of my defects). I started making the exterior and interior with the same size but quickly I saw it was not the right way to go. Several tries later (and long past midnight) I got it right. Still I can't figure out which measurements to use for next time. And I'm thinking it is going to vary case by case depending on the fabrics and interfacing used.
And to complete the present, this is the matching card I did using the same fabric.

I like it a lot and I'm thinking on doing it in the future.
You would recognize the flower brooch. I saw it in someone's blog but now I can't remember where. I will look who it was and give her the credit she deserves.
There are 3 different categories to enter the contest. I guess mine would be skills.

whipup

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Frau Vau said...

pretty stylish bag. like the flower print!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Pretty colors and very uselful bag!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Great shape and fabrics. All your bags are gorgeous!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home